Wiccan Ceremony - Magic - and where it all started.

Discussions into the history as well as the ceremonies involved in the practice of wiccan magic!

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Encyclopedia of Wicca and Witchcraft

Raven Grimassi's Encyclopedia of Wicca and Witchcraft is easily the most important book on the subject to come out this year. It will be seen as one of the most important books on Wicca and Witchcraft for years to come. From now on, if you want to know anything about the history or methods of the Craft, this is the place you will start.

Do you need to find out about a person who has had an important impact on Wicca: Gardner? Sanders? Clutterbuck? Valiente? It's in here.

Would you like to discover more about Wiccan holidays: Mabon? Lughnasadh? Litha? You'll discover it in here, too.

Also in here is information on magical tools and methods, philosophy, theology, various pantheons, Pagan traditions, herbs, and their powers and even the flows of energy around the world called the "Tatvic Tides." Three hundred photos and illustrations let you see what people look like and help to amplify the information.

Perhaps you'd like to learn about Scottish Witchcraft. In this book you'd learn that the first modern mention of it was in a book by Raymond Buckland. "Such was the response that Ray got to his mention of this tradition, that he had to publish full details...The information was provided by Wiccan teacher Aidan Breac..." If you want to know more about Breac and the PectiWita tradition, you'll find it in this book.

Many people think that Wicca has no real laws. However, there are 140 Traditional Laws of Witchcraft. You'll find them all listed here. You'll also discover the difference between a pentacle and a pentagram, what the Odic Force is, the eclecticism of the Ladywood Tradition, the ancient sources of working magic "skyclad," plus lists of Pagan publications, mail order suppliers, and so much more.

This is an important book you will want to get right away!

A Review

Raven Grimassi has collected together in this one volume some of the basic elements of Wicca and Witchcraft as well as some biographies of the movers and shakers within our community.

Mr. Grimassi covers many areas of beliefs, such as the various Gods/Goddesses and their stories. He also covers such items as tools, books referencing Wicca and Witchcraft, trees, animals, organizations and so much more. He has entries related to history, myths, legends, shamanic material and so much more that the book becomes a text book as well as a reference book. The information is general, but covers much of what a researcher might want to know about each subject and how it relates to Wicca and Witchcraft.

What I found interesting were his bios of people who have either founded or were an influence to our Spiritual paths. From Aleister Crowley to Oberon (Tim) Zell to Doreen Valiente to Carl Weschcke, he provides information as to who these people were in a brief but insightful manner. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the backgrounds of some of the people who have written our books or founded our organizations or have had some influence on what we know today as Wicca and Witchcraft.

This is a good book for those who are constantly referencing this kind of material, as Mr. Grimassi has put much of what we have to usually look in many volumes for into one convenient location. This is a wonderful collection of information that will be pulled off the shelf again and again.

Look inside this book

7 Comments:

  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger horse gift ideas said…

    Hey engress GREAT title The Encyclopedia of Wicca and Witchcraft. Thats what actually caught my eye. I was surfing blogs to try and help my customers and visitors with information on my website about ##Keyword## and paused to read but ran out of time. I will book mark it and come back to read later. This isn't really what I was looking for what I really need is information about http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com/ related subjects but thank you and I shall return. I wish you well.

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Devon said…

    Hey "engress", just found your site on a search for love spells. Read a few posts, so thought I'd say hi and thanks! :)

    Me. -- "I tried these love spells and chants and got my boyfriend back!"

     
  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger Cassietita said…

    Hi engress,

    Stumbled across your blog when doing research on love spells. Read a few posts, so thought I'd say hi. Thanks for the read! :)

    Me. -- !These true love spells got my love back!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger melloman said…

    Hey engress GREAT title The Encyclopedia of Wicca and Witchcraft. Thats what actually caught my eye. I was surfing blogs to try and help my customers and visitors with information on my website about ##Keyword## and paused to read but ran out of time. I will book mark it and come back to read later. This isn't really what I was looking for what I really need is information about http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com/ related subjects but thank you and I shall return. I wish you well.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger melloman said…

    Hello engress, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title The Encyclopedia of Wicca and Witchcraft. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse home decor related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse home decor related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse home decor. Thank you and I wish you well .

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger horseshoe said…

    Hello engress, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title The Encyclopedia of Wicca and Witchcraft. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse decor related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse decor related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse decor. Thank you and I wish you well .

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger horse gift ideas said…

    Hello engress, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title The Encyclopedia of Wicca and Witchcraft. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse lovers related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse lovers related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse lovers . Thank you and I wish you well .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home